Friday, June 8, 2007

Cool and the gang

The results are in – I didn’t make the cut to hang with the cool kids. Last night most of my co-workers at the convention centre where talking about going out drinking tonight. It’s a rare occasion where we don’t have an event today or tomorrow so most of the crew are going to a local dance club for a group drunkfest. A few of us weren’t invited. Other than myself there is the boss, the 60-something old bitty who likes to complain and the bizzaro 40-something guy who acts like a three year old. Gah! I’ve been inducted in the land of the weirdos! I figure they didn’t invite me because a) I’m 31 (which for a 19 year old is ancient), b) I only see them once or twice a week, while most of them work full time for the summer, c) I haven’t been there in two weeks so they just didn’t think of inviting me. By the sounds of the discussion the outing had been in planning mode all week.

If I had really wanted to go I would have just invited myself… but the truth is, I don’t want to stay up later than 10 PM. Hah!

No comments: