Friday, June 29, 2007

Car Lease? What was I thinking?

It appears that getting out of a car lease can be quite the challenge unless you find someone to take over your lease. You can get bought out, but from what I understand you can end up paying a hefty penalty. Anyone interested in a gorgeous 2006 Hyundai Elantra for ONLY $294/month… only 38 months left? It’s in tip top shape and only has 30,000 kms on it. Please? I actually really love my car and wish I could keep it, but that’s an extra $500+ a month with insurance and gas. Over the three years, that’s $18,000 – ummm, no.


I guess it’s another thing I’ll have to wait till August to do. I’ll put it up in the newspaper and hope someone wants it. In theory I could put it up now, but someone might want it now and then I don’t have a car! I mean, someone should want it… eventually… right?

Today I’m feeling anxious about the whole thing. I’m not anxious because I don’t know if I should do this, I’m anxious because I have a slight fear it won’t work out. I’ve pretty much mentally checked-out of my current job. In my mind, I am no longer a marketer… I’ve moved on. This is not a good thing! What if I can’t sell my car? What if I can’t rent out my rooms? What if I do the job shadowing and hate it? Then what? I might have been able to see myself as a marketer for a few more years a month ago, but now that a world of opportunity has opened up to me, it’s like I can’t see passed the two months I have to put in. I keep telling myself that what is meant to be will fall into place… but once in a while I loose faith.

No point to this post other then venting my anxiety.

No comments: