Sunday, July 8, 2007

Drunk-dialing is a serious disease!


Drunk-dialing.
Verb (Nonstandard)
1. the need to call everyone you know when copious amounts of alcohol is consumed.


Friday I headed to Pictou for the good’ol Lobster Carnival. Of course, much beer was consumed for the occasion. Having been a victim of my drunk-dialing obsession in the past, I took some precautions for the evening and deleted any “dangerous” phone numbers from my cell phone. Numbers like ex-boyfriends, single friends or anyone else I thought I might call in a moment of weakness. Some numbers I KNOW I won’t call… like my sisters who both have kids and would kill me if woke them up just to tell them how awesome they are. Or my friend Michelle who is 5 months pregnant and can’t stay awake past 8:30 PM… I mean; I DO have a conscience.

Around midnight the urge to dial was just too strong. I flipped through my contact list and when I got to the last name without finding a suitable chatting partner, I got desperate. Friends… I’m not proud of what I’m about to write next, but in my effort to promote the seriousness of drunk-dialing, I feel the need to share. I called myself. I called my office and left MYSELF messages. Good Lord I’m sad!

Well, one thing I can say is at least I’ll be smiling at my desk on a Monday morning for the first time in a long time. Hah!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh D, that's hilarious!! But you're right, at least you'll be smiling tomorrow when you hear your message :)

Glad you had a good weekend, and no disastrous calls :)

Anonymous said...

That's Classic!
thanks for deleting my number.. haha ;)
allow I'm sure Martino would have had a conversation with you.

Kevin