Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Oh Happy Day!

I’m currently enjoying the afternoon off due to the torrential downpour over my cubicle!

I was working through lunch today (which is a big no-no… but thank goodness I was), when I heard the sound of water. I looked over at my neighbour’s cubicle when I saw water leaking from the ceiling. A co-worker got up at the same time and noticed the leak so she grabbed a garbage can. Just then, the water went from a slight drip to a rainstorm! Water was pouring on my neighbour’s cubicle and making it’s way towards mine and others! My co-worker and I tried to salvage as much as we could from the cubicle being rained on and cleared stuff from all other cubes. The fire alarm sounded and we had to leave the building.

We were outside for over an hour just waiting around while the fire department made sure the water hadn’t caused an electrical fire. When we were finally aloud back in, we were greeted by the clean-up crew letting us know we could only grab what we needed and to head home. It was the most wonderful news I’ve had in a long time!!

There is a big gaping hole above my cubicle, but nothing seems ruined. It’s a pretty sweet deal because I get the afternoon off without actually having to deal with having my stuff destroyed. Life is good. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wheee! Always nice to get an unexpected afternoon off! Enjoy!