Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I dream of men

It's not as exciting as the title implies... I just had the strangest dreams last night.

At the beginning of the dream I was with Mike... not Mike my brother, but Mike my ex... he came to me for advice on buying a condo. We went condo shopping and I was incredibly frustrated at his need for a lavish abode and his complete financial irresponsibility. He had debts up to his ears, no job and no savings, but he was still looking at condos that were 50,000 more than what I paid for my house. Apparently in my dream we had broken up and gotten back together several times. As we are looking for a realtor I realize just how much he annoys me and want to have nothing to do with him again, but feel bad for dumping him for a fourth time. So I make a run for it while he is talking to a realtor.

Once I leave Mike, I meet up with an elementary school friend I haven't seen in years. She invites me to a party, so we pile into a car and head to her place. My Mom is driving as she is also going to the party. On the way there we stop at the University and my childhood friend gets out of the car only to fall into a river. The party-goers decide to get the friend some clean clothes and I decide to stick around the University while they finish up. I tell the group to call on my cell when they get back to the University. The University is now a grandiose maze of underground tunnels with stores like Walmart, Future Shop and Lawton's Drug Store. I make my way through the maze and am astonished by how much the University has changed since the last time I was here.



I make my way into an unfinished tunnel with leaky plumbing. There, I see Lac-Hong, my boyfriend when I was 17. In the dream he is an engineer working on creating more tunnels... this makes no sense as he is actually a professional cello player in real life. Anyway, we chat and he gives me a wad of cash saying it's for the booze I'll be drinking at the party. He kisses me, but then pulls back saying he forgot he was married. We say goodbye and I make my way above ground. The sun is amazingly bright as I climb the stairs out of the tunnel. Just then, my cell phone rings. Apparently my friends had been calling for hours but I couldn't get reception in the tunnel. Standing outside the University building is Mike... not my ex Mike, but my brother Mike. He gives me some corny gift that has a picture of him and I... but it's from when I was a teenager. He tells me he is leaving for Montreal or Vancouver to start a new life. He looks very healthy. He tells me to come visit often and if I ever have a boyfriend to bring him with me. He also adds that my boyfriend would have to sleep at a friend's house because he wouldn't want us to sleep in the same bed. Somehow, this makes complete sense to me. My sister Suzanne is there and she laughs at my brother's corny gift... I kick her for laughing and she stops. I hug Mike and tell him to drive safely. The hug seems to last forever... then I wake up.

Happy analysing! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... interesting Dream!

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Mom always used to say if you dream of the deceased it means that they are looking out for you, so I would say that your brother Mike is taking care of you and guiding you. All seems to be in place !!

Changa said...

You're Mom was one smart cookie Angela! I'm hoping she's right about the dream theory. :-)