Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I'm Chicken Shit

I had a meeting with TD Bank today for my student LOC and it seemed to go rather well… I should know tomorrow.

The problem? It’s 99% certain I’ll need a co-signer. I’m terrified of asking my mother. My fear is not that she will say no… my fear is that she will say yes. I love my mother, but we are very different people. She is extremely “stressed” right now because I bought a house that’s “old”. She isn’t making payments; she doesn’t live here, yet she is still so “stressed”. Plus, I’ve gone and bought this house without a husband! I must be insane. The thought of me leaving my full-time job to go back to school is likely going to send her off the deep end. Ugh.

I’m afraid that if I ask her to be my co-signer, her signature will come with three years of judgment and additional stress.

You know what sucks the most in all this? If I had a husband, my Mom would not think I was crazy for buying a house nor going to school. I could be in an unhappy marriage right now and things would make more sense to my Mom. Ugh.

No comments: