Sunday, August 26, 2007

The nightmare room - before and after

This was the room when the previous owners were here.


This was the room before I removed the shelves. They had lots of shelves in that room. The plan was simply to remove the shelves and repaint the room...


After removing the sheleves... hmmm... there seams to be wallpaper here... I wonder what is underneath it?


Ah yes! Faux wood panneling wallpaper!


Ugh


Once all the wallpaper was removed, it was on to repairing the wall!


After painting the walls, I repainted the floor, which was black with splatters of pink paint! One thing I learned... don't leave your coffee cup on the windowsill when painting a floor or you won't get your coffee back for another 24 hours!


Me, realising I lost my coffee.


The final product!


My room is still very much a work in progress, but here is a sneak peak. The wall colour:


This will be my duvet with the fabric for my bedskirt and pillows


This is the bureau I've refinished


I'll post pics once it's complete.

No comments: