Sunday, January 28, 2007

3 months from today!

September 10, 2006

In three short months from today we will be in Honolulu getting ready to run the big marathon! I can't believe how fast time is flying by. I started this website when we registered exactly 5 months ago - we are more than halfway through our journey! It's exciting and yet kind of sad... what project am I going to take on next to surpass this challenge?

I bought new sneakers last weekend and now I get to break-in my orthotics for the first time. I decided to wear my sneakers at work on Friday as I'm supposed to gently ease into wearing the orthotics. After much pointing and mocking from co-workers because I had such shinny white shoes, I began to feel better about them. :-) Yesterday I did my first run (4 km) and had to stop after the first km because of an awful foot cramp. I won't be using them on today's 16 km run because it's just too much. Hopefully my weekly 6, 10 and 8 km runs will be enough to really break them in before next Sunday's 19 km run!

No comments: