Sunday, January 28, 2007

Singing in the rain

May 3, 2006

Yesterday I did hill training in the rain. It wasn’t too bad as it was a light warm rain... actually, it was even refreshing. As I ran up and down the hills, I listened to my MP3 player (my salvation on long runs). I discovered a new song this week. It’s called Run for Life by Melissa Ethridge. The song is about breast cancer, but really, it could apply to Team Diabetes. So as I ran, I belted out the lyrics (slightly modified):
If you ask me why I am still running
I’ll tell you it makes me complete
I run for hope
I run to feel
I run for the truth
For all that is real
I run for my brother, my sister your wife
I run for you and me my friend
I run for life


So if you see a girl on Stellarton Road, singing to herself at the top of her lungs; honk your horn!

No comments: