Sunday, January 28, 2007

Wait. Are you training for a half marathon or a full marathon?

May 1, 2006

Quite a few people have asked me if we are training for a half-marathon or full marathon. The answer is: BOTH.

We will both be training for the Honolulu Marathon set for December 10, 2006. In the meatime, and as a sort of warm-up, we are both doing a half-marathon in the next month.

Christine will be doing the Fredericton Half-Marathon on Mother's Day, May 14. Since I'm not as much of a keener as Christine and started training late , I'll be doing the Johnny Miles Half-Marathon in New Glasgow on our Mom's birthday, June 18.

Training for the full Marathon will begin in August. Both of us hope to keep up our training in the months between both training sessions. We also hope most of our fundraising will be done (hint, hint) by the time we start the crazy training schedule of a full Marathon.

As a side note, I found my running journal yesterday. On January 4, the day I started running again after a few years hiatus, I ran 20 minutes --> running 3 minutes and walking 1 minute. It's crazy to think that 4 months later I'm running 16 km +!

No comments: