Sunday, January 28, 2007

Another Half Marathon under my belt

November 5, 2006

Today we ran the Legs for Literacy half-marathon. The weather was great! I was really worried it would be too cold, but it was just perfect. I did the run in 2 hours, 46 minutes and 22 seconds. It's pretty good considering we weren't pushing too hard and we weren't in our "performance peek" as we would be if we were training for the half. My only issue is that my races keep getting slower! I did my first half-marathon in 2:32, my second in 2:43 and this one in 2:46.... I thought I was supposed to get faster!?! Oh well, there is always next time. Christine did really well too with a personal best 6 minutes faster than her first half-marathon. Yay Chris!!

Our other sister, Suzanne and our Mom were also participating. They walked the half-marathon in 3 hours and 50 minutes. I'm so proud of them! They were hoping to make it under 4 hours and they did with lots of time to spare! AND my Mom also came in FIRST in her age category of 60 to 99 years of age. Granted she was the only one, but it doesn't matter. Only 31 days till we leave for Hawaii! Now I'm getting nervous!

No comments: