Sunday, January 28, 2007

Halfway there!

December 6, 2006

We are now in Vancouver and halfway done our trekk to Hawaii. We've been on route for 12 hours now and with our lay-over here it'll be another 11 hours before we reach our destination. So far so good with the travelling, though.

One wonderful thing about the Vancouver airport are the internet terminals: $2 for 20 minutes versus $2.50 for 8 minutes in Toronto! Yikes. Plus, they have real keyboards here. That means I'm not spending my 7 minutes trying to type the title/

We have already met 20 or so teamates and everyone is excited to be here. I can't wait to meet up with the rest of the team. I can imagine the energy will be electric once we get on that plane for Hawaii.

It feels so odd to be at the other end of the country. I've never been here and from what I saw from the sky it's beautiful. It's really too bad we don't have time to venture out to the city.

I'll try to post again during the course of the week and keep you updated.

- Changa... reporting from Vancouver

No comments: