Sunday, January 28, 2007

Success in Freddy Beach!

May 15, 2006

The first hurdle has been passed! Yesterday, I ran my first 10 km race in 3 years and Christine ran her very first half-marathon! I'm sure all of you can appreciate the work that goes into training for a half-marathon (21.1 km)... it is time consumming, painful, but completely exhilirating! I did a half-marathon 4 years ago, so I knew what Christine was up against. I have to say, I am so incredibly proud of her! Waiting by the finish line was tough. I looked at the time every 10 seconds knowing she would be in any minute. Seeing her turn the bend was so emotional (bah! I'm even getting emotional right now!)

The day was absolutely gorgeous and it was wonderful to have ourt mom and other sister there as well. We couldn't have asked for a nicer weekend.

As for myself, my race went well, although I was a little slower than I had hoped. I did the 10 km race in 1 hour, 15 minutes and 35 seconds. I ended up in 235th place, out of 251 runners. All I can say is thank goodness for the 16 people behind me. Hah!

Now I have to wait another 4 weeks for my big half-marathon!

No comments: