Sunday, January 28, 2007

Post-Marathon Blues

December 28, 2006

I can't be the only one around feeling the post-marathon (post-team diabetes) blues, can I?

I've been back from Hawaii for 2 weeks now and it's starting to get to me. I tought I would be relieved that the training and fundraising is over... but now I feel restless and sad. Of course, I'm thrilled I ran my first marathon and did it in Hawaii, but I guess I'm feeling the low after the high. I guess it's to be expected. I spent the last 8 months so focused on training and fundraising that now that it's over there is something truly missing from my life.

I've been out for a run once since I've been back. I went on Christmas Eve and just ran for the sake of running. I didn't bring a watch or a Garmin so I didn't focus on time, pace or distance... I just ran. It felt nice to be running again.

I think I need a new project to keep me going. I'm planning on training for a half-marathon in the Spring. Training begins in February. Hopefully I'll be able to actually improve my speed for once!

Hope everyone had a happy holiday!

No comments: