Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Blustery Day for a 32 k

November 2, 2006

WE DID IT! We ran 32 kilometres on Sunday in 4 hours and 33 minutes! I was pretty exhausted and in some pain on Sunday, but I did it. It was tough. The last hour or so, we barely talked. We were both so concentrated on putting one foot in front of the other that we couldn't muster the energy to have a conversation. The weather was INSANE! One minute it would be sunny, the next in would rain, then it would be sunny again, then really dark like it was night time.... and the wind! My Goodness, the wind was just crazy! Christine lost her ball cap (she had to run to get it back) and at one point it felt like we weren't even moving the wind was so strong! Recuperating went really well and although I was stiff on Monday, by Tuesday I was feeling all better.

This Sunday we're doing a half-marathon. Cross your fingers that we don't come in last!!

No comments: