Sunday, January 28, 2007

My Shiny New Shoes

September 14, 2006

WARNING: This is a rant!

I bought my new sneakers a few weeks ago and it's been a painful transition! I have orthotics for the first time and it's been so hard to adjust to them. As suggested by my chiropractor, I have been trying to ease into wearing them. When you have to run 50 km a week it's not easy to ease into anything! I've been alternating between my beat up old runners and these new ones with the inserts but it's a struggle. So far I haven't been able to complete a run. I've done a 6, a 4 and a 3.5 km run and everytime I get this painful cramp in the arch of my foot. The ironic thing is all the pain is coming from the side which has so far been problem free! UGH. I don't know how I'm going to manage to build up to my current training with these orthotics. :-(

Ok. End of Rant!

No comments: