Sunday, January 28, 2007

Not quite 23

Spetember 24, 2006

We are at the point in our training where we are going further than ever before. So far, the furthest I've ran was 21 km during my half-marathon. Today's long run called for 23 km. I have to admit, I've been nervous about this run all week. Turns out my nerves got the best of me and I backed out. :-(

Friday was my going-away party here in New Glasgow and I had a great time... but after a few too many beer, I can say I was in no mood to run today! So this morning when I work up and still wasn't feeling in the best shape of my life I put off my run for a few hours. Time passed and suddenly it was lunch. Well, long runs don't work so well in the afternoon so I shortened it a bit. I ended up doing 6 km... which is not so bad... I mean it's ONLY 17 km less than what I was SUPPOSED to do. Yeah, I'm not convincing myself either. *sigh*

Oh well, next week is 26 and I'll be paying for it!

No comments: